Jack “Jake” E. Kiker, III
Practice Areas: Business and Corporate Law, Credit Unions (Business Lending and Regulatory Compliance), Commercial Real Estate
Jake earned his Bachelor of Science degree, summa cum laude, in Political Science and Business from Florida State University in 2002, and his Juris Doctorate from The FSU College of Law in 2004. Jake has previously served as an Adjunct Faculty member at Florida State University, and he regularly assists both for-profit and non-profit entities in business organization, transactional and governance matters, including business start-ups, finance and sales/mergers/acquisitions.
Jake specializes in Credit Union Member Business Lending (MBLs), and regularly assists firm Credit Union clients with their business lending programs, compliance, loan participations and Credit Union Service Organizations (CUSOs).
In addition to his business transaction/financial institution work, Jake has practiced before state and federal trial courts throughout Florida in civil litigation matters representing private individuals, businesses, financial institutions, universities and municipalities/counties, and has also successfully represented clients in appellate matters (including oral arguments) before the Florida First District Court of Appeal and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit. Lastly, Jake’s real estate practice includes commercial sales and acquisitions, financing, development and title insurance issues (as an agent and claims counsel for Attorneys Title Fund Services/Old Republic and First American Title Insurance Company).
Jake has received numerous accolades and is active in many community/business activities and civic organizations including:
* Rated an AV Preeminent ® lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell ® (highest level of professional excellence based upon peer review/evaluation)
* Co-Founder of Domi Station (Business incubator and co-working facility, focused on innovation and accelerating the impact of high-growth companies)
* Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors (Chair, Committee on Entrepreneurship)
* Tallahassee Golden A.C.E. Winner, 2012 (Top Young Professional Under 40, Government Relations & Law)
* Leadership Tallahassee, Class 28
* Knight Creative Communities Institute (KCCI) Community Catalyst (2010)
* Sustainable Tallahassee, Inc., Board of Directors (President, 2010)
* Florida American Legion Boys State, Counselor/Dean, School of Florida History